Getting the right safety harness is a very important task—after all, your life depends on it. With all of the different options, styles, features, and configurations available, there are a few things to consider before rushing out to invest in your new harness.
Work-at-height means a variety of tasks to workers across different industries. Maybe you’re climbing scaffold towers and building a temporary stage system for a music festival or perhaps you spend most of your day working in the offshore drilling market and need features designed for derrick work; one thing is certain—you need a safety harness that will keep you focused on the job, is comfortable for all-day endurance, and is safe enough to meet all safety standards required of your equipment.
There are nine things you should consider when looking for a safety harness. Learn more on our MTN Shop blog!
At ShopMTN, we offer a wide range of 3M™ DBI-SALA®, Protecta®, Petzl, and PMI harnesses that include professional and recreational gear. We encourage you to check out all of our lines to see which one is the perfect match for you. Here are some quick features of each of these brands:
- 3M™ DBI-SALA® ExoFit™ STRATA™ – Lightweight, full-body harnesses ideal for workers wearing personal SRLs
- 3M™ DBI-SALA® ExoFit NEX™ – Some of the most advanced harnesses on the market that provide unmatched levels of comfort, function, and durability
- 3M™ DBI-SALA® ExoFit™ – The original harness relied on by workers everywhere for high levels of comfort
- 3M™ DBI-SALA® Delta™ Comfort – Patented triangular design for quick donning; this line boasts Delta’s industry-first features with extra comfort padding
- 3M™ DBI-SALA® Delta™ – 20 years of design, research, and feedback make Delta harnesses a common harness seen at job sites
- 3M™ Protecta® PRO™ – OSHA and ANSI compliance at an exceptional value
- Petzl – Simple to use with the ability to accept numerous accessories
- PMI – A variety of professional and sport harnesses that offer NFPA, EN, CE, ANSI compliance